Zen of Pricing Your Photos in SmugMug
The Bonus Video
Just because SmugMug has 3 print labs, and over 300+ product options doesn't mean you need to take advantage of all of them.
In fact, in the name of preventing your customers heads from exploding, I'll be recommending a more minimalist approach.
Less is more, if you will.
In the video below I'll show you the easy way to set your pricelists in SmugMug.
The zen-like approach I'll be recommending looks like this:
- Setup one default pricelist to rule all of you galleries and images
- Actually reduce the number of products you make available to your customers
- Enjoy the pure joy of letting SmugMug do all the hard work while you just rake in the profits (seriously, just keep reading)
One quick word before we begin (and I do mention this again in the video) — if you want to set your prices and make a profit in SmugMug, you'll need a SmugMug Pro account.
Everyone's first question: How much is a SmugMug Pro account?
$150 per year.
Everyone's second question: What do I get for $150?
You get to set your prices. You get to earn a revenue. Come on here people…You get to run a business!
Best of all is once you set your prices, SmugMug takes care of the rest:
- Take advantage of SmugMug's gorgeous shopping cart
- Take advantage of SmugMug's “buying power” to enjoy cost savings on your products
- Take advantage of SmugMug's very own 100% satisfaction guarantee and superhero customer service
- Take advantage of SmugMug's coupons, packages, and event marketing
SmugMug makes this so easy and smooth for you and your customers that the $150 per year is almost laughable.
In fact, while I was writing this blog post, I got an email from SmugMug telling me one of my customers had just ordered $144.65 worth of prints and cards and I had made $101.85 of pure profit!
See for yourself…
So yes, it's safe to say that I highly recommend SmugMug Pro.
Now, let's get to the pricelist tutorial, shall we? This is the real “how-to” stuff…
Now Take Action!
Login to your SmugMug account now (or if you don't have an account yet use this link to start your 14-day free trial and save 20%!).
Follow the steps in the video, go into your Pricelists, set your profits, and start earning money from your passion!
The Complete Professional Photography Website Tutorial
In case you missed it, here are all the steps to the tutorial where I show you how to go from just signing up with SmugMug to having a completely customized, clean, and fully functional pro photography website.
- Step 1: Sign-up with Smugmug and Upload Your First Gallery
- Step 2: Tweak Your Gallery Settings
- Step 3: Upload a Few More Client Galleries
- Step 4: Customize Your Website
- Step 5: Create Your Portfolio Gallery
- Step 6: Create Your Homepage Slideshow
- Step 7: Create Your “Work With Me” Page
- Step 8: Final Customization Teaks
- –> BONUS: Set Your Prices and Make a Profit!
Still Not Quite Sure What This Tutorial is All About?
Visit the main tutorial page which explains the what and the why's of this how-to create a great wedding photography website tutorial.