2018 Wealthy Affiliate Review – It Works, Here's Why
What is Wealthy Affiliate?
Wealthy Affiliate is a training program for folks that want to make money online through something called affiliate marketing. Affiliate marketing is a way to help people (and make money) by selling other peoples products.
Wealthy Affiliate is a membership site where you get basic and advanced training on how to find a niche, build a website, get traffic to your website, and sell other peoples products.
Whoa. Can you Explain Affiliate Marketing Again?
You can earn a commision from products you recommend online – through your website (which Wealthy Affiliate will help you build), YouTube, an email list, and/or social media.
The simple steps are:
- Sign up for an affiliate program (example Amazon Associates – which allows you to sell any product found on Amazon)
- Signing up is free
- Signing up is easy
- Copy/Paste your unique url (link) on your website, YouTube, etc.
- Drive traffic to your content (Wealthy Affiliate has lots of great tutorials and help on how to do this)
- When someone clicks your link and purchases the product, you will make a commision of the sale (automatically – even while you sleep!)
Sounds too good to be true?
I'm telling you – it's amazing to make money this way. Helping people, promoting good products, and making money month after month after doing the initial work (i.e. passive income).
It's a win-win-win.
The company that owns the product you promote as an affiliate wins because they get a new customer.
You win because you got to provide helpful information and earn a commision for it.
The customer wins because they got what they wanted (remember – they found your site because they likely came to you through Google).
It's a simple enough process.
BUT…there's a lot to learn as far as building a website, finding the right products to promote, getting traffic to your website, etc.
And it takes some work. Especially at the beginning.
But the best thing about this kind of work — once you build it, you earn recurring revenue month after month without having to do anything else. And you can scale up without having to trade more of your time for more income.
The sky is the limit, as they say!
Wealthy Affiliate – The Overview & Rankings
Name: Wealthy Affiliate
Owners:Kyle and Carson
Website URL:www.wealthyaffiliate.com – yep, that's my affiliate link right there
Training Material: 4.6 / 5
Support: 4.7 / 5
Website Builder: 4.7 / 5
Price: Free Starter Account, $49/mo Premium Membership
Passive Income For Anyone Overall Rating: 4.7 / 5
I highly recommend Wealthy Affiliate for anyone that is looking to add a new passive income revenue stream to their lives.
Why Wealthy Affiliate Works
What makes Wealthy Affiliate great is all the effort they put in to designing a site and a program that really encourages you to take action. And the ONLY way to learn something new (or make a new income stream) is to take action.
Here's a list of smart features in Wealthy Affiliate that gets you productive. I'm going to put this list in order of what has helped me the most so far:
- Wealthy Affiliate has a huge, active, friendly, and very helpful community. Have you ever bought a product and then felt like you were completely on your own to figure it all out? Well, not at Wealthy Affiliate. They have an active live chat, ways for members to blog about their progress and lessons learned, create new tutorials so they can share their knowledge, and comment threads on every bit of training material. If you get stuck, help is seconds away. This is huge.
- Wealthy Affiliate is gamified. What does that mean? It means that the team put a lot of effort in helping you keep track and get excited about your progress. They have smart tech built into the system so you can know how far you've come as you both progress in the training and take actions on your new revenue stream.
- It's (nearly) All-In-One. Most training programs require you to purchase other software to get the full value out of their information. And that's quite fine and expected for online business courses. Businesses require some investment, after all. But it was REALLY refreshing when I found that Wealthy Affiliate had these fantastic tools that let you get your site up and running almost without leaving the platform. These tools include:
- SiteRubix – a WordPress management system that's built right into the Wealthy Affiliate platform. You can literally search for a new domain, do all the technical stuff to register and build your new website and add content all without leaving the Wealthy Affiliate platform. It's super smooooooth.
- Jaaxy – a Keyword and Niche research tool that's also built right into the Wealthy Affiliate platform. It's one thing to build a website, it's another one to do so based on keyword research to give it the best chance of ranking high in Google search results and maximizing your chances to get traffic and earn income. Jaaxy isn't the most powerful keyword research tool on the market – but the fact that it's built into Wealthy Affiliate and that you get to use it for free with your Wealthy Affiliate membership is a big bonus.
Does Wealthy Affiliate (and Affiliate Marketing) Really Work?
I want to be completely honest with you – I've only been a member of Wealthy Affiliate since February 4, 2018.
At the time of this writing – that's just 13 days.
Don't run away! I have some important information that will help you decide if Wealthy Affiliate (and affiliate marketing) is right for you.
Even though I'm new to Wealthy Affiliate, I am not new to affiliate marketing.
Here's a screen grab of my (passive) affiliate income for this month…not to show off, but just to show you that I have experience with making money online.
Before joining Wealthy Affiliate, I already knew how affiliate marketing works. So I had a critical eye on their marketing (before signing up) and then their training once I was “in”. I knew I would be able to sniff out B.S. if it was in there.
Making Money Online. Really? Is This Some Kind of Scam?
Absolutely not. Yes, there are sleazy ways to make money online. And even affiliate marketing can be done in poor taste.
But that's not how this works.
First and foremost, you will be taught to build something that helps people. It could be a review like this one that helps people make a decision about purchasing a product (or not). Information like this helps people decide if a product or service is right for them.
Or you could create a tutorial to help people figure something out and the product that you promote is a part of that solution.
For example, here's another screen capture of mine that shows one of the tutorial videos that I created to help people:
Click image to enlarge
414 likes to 3 dislikes.
Dozens of comments that thank me for helping them.
Good affiliate marketing is about helping people first. But doing it in a smart way so you can make a bit of money (on the side) while you're at it.
I made that video in 2012. People still find it on YouTube and get helpful information from it.
And I still make affiliate income from it today – 6 years later!
Wealthy Affiliate (and affiliate marketing) is Highly Recommended…
- if you want a new passive income stream
- if you don't have a lot of time (all my online business work has been on the side)
- if you want to help people online
- if you are able to get out of your comfort zone and try something new
Do I need to have a website already? No, Wealthy Affiliate will help you build one from scratch. No technical background required either. If you already have a website, you will be ahead of the game, but it's ok if you don't.
Do I need to be a salesman? Absolutely not. I freakin' hate salesman. Think of this business model as a way of helping people that are asking for help. Or like a friend recommending a restaurant to another friend.
Do I need anything else to get started? Nope. It's all in the Wealthy Affiliate training. I know you can do this cause I did.
Don't Join Wealthy Affiliate if…
If you don't have some time and motivation to build a website and at least some content. You can do this on the side of your full-time job and other life commitments but it will take some time and effort. My online business has always been “on the side” and yours can too. In fact, it's a fantastic side hustle.
If you think you'll become a millionaire overnight. It's possible (I guess?) but unlikely. You will get out of this what you put into it. My video tutorials took me a few weeks to create – but they have been giving me $500 – $1000 of income every single month since I published them back in 2012. You do the math.
If you think someone else will do all the work for you. The training material is all there. There's a lot that is step-by-step. But you will need to show up and make it happen. The good news is that its creative work, very fun, and very rewarding. So is it really work? And the Wealthy Affiliate community is with you when you need help – every step of the way.
If you aren't willing to invest a bit of money upfront to learn and try something new. You do need to think of this as a business – even if it's a side business. Investing in web hosting, a domain name, and training/coaching is a cost of doing business. The great news is that compared to most brick-and-mortar stores – internet businesses have incredibly low overhead and incredibly high ROI (Return on Investment).
Hey! If You've Had Affiliate Marketing Success, Why did You Join Wealthy Affiliate?
That's a very good question.
Even though my online side-business has been making between $500-$1000/mo on auto-pilot for years – I'm ready to take it to the next level. I know that with the right training and help, I should be able to get double or triple that income within 6-12 months. (I'll keep you posted!)
Here's what my online business didn't have before joining Wealthy Affiliate:
- A community to bounce ideas off of
- A step-by-step plan for learning new skills and taking action
- The latest and greatest tips and strategies for marketing online
- That “spark” to help me get off my butt (I have been floundering for years in thoughts of what could be and what should I do next?)
I joined Wealthy Affiliate to fix some of that. In fact, I really just joined to get some help growing my existing business.
On the one hand I had low expectations for how much a program like Wealthy Affiliate could really help me (someone who wasn't an absolute beginner) and on the other hand, I have taken a lot of training programs and had high expectations of how much a program like this should really help me.
I love step-by-step tutorials (and Lego and Ikea furniture). It allows me to get out of my doubting brain and just take action. And once I'm moving, I tend to create wonderful things I'm proud of. (And some of those things make me a lot of money).
Was I skeptical of a new “make money online” program? Oh, you bet I was…
Am I Ever Pleasantly Surprised by Wealthy Affiliate!
In just a few short days this is what I've been able to do within Wealthy Affiliate account:
- Watched and learned step-by-step video tutorials on how affiliate marketing works and how to build a website (all in the 7-day free trial training material). Even though I'm not a novice, I learned some new and valuable things.
- I registered a new domain name and started a new website (this one!) based on my passion for passive income, side hustling, and helping people online
- I have Interacted with dozens of Wealthy Affiliate members that answered my questions (almost instantly).
- Read success stories and got insanely inspired to work and grow my online business.
- Used their Jaaxy tool for keyword research to get new content ideas that I'm confident will rank well in Google
- Helped a bunch of people with their questions in live chat – the community is big and ridiculously kind and helpful. I immediately wanted to jump in and help like everyone else was.
What do you get with the Free and Premium Memberships?
Sneaky Awesome Things Inside Wealthy Affiliate:
With any good product or business – the little things matter.
Have you ever opened up a box for a new Apple product? Apple put in a tonne of time and money into making the “unboxing” experience for new customers enjoyable. Did they have to? No. But the fact that they did means that when you get a new Apple product you get a euphoric feeling when you open it up for the first time.
Amazingly – Wealthy Affiliate manages to create those similar “feel good” moments in their product.
Here's a list of little things that make me happy when I'm in Wealthy Affiliate:
- The website builder, Site Rubix, makes the frustrating process of building a website easy
- The content creator has “goals” for the number of words, paragraphs, and headings. Helps with motivation and staying on track.
- They save my spot and track my progress in the courses while I'm going through the training material.
- They “gamify” community involvement – giving you badges for various accomplishments
- I've actually interacted with both owners of the program – Kyle and Carson. I find that remarkable considering they have hundreds of thousands of members
- Besides purchasing domains (which is totally reasonable at like $14/yr) it really does seem to be an all-in-one program with everything you need to not only get started but to build and grow your new online business. No upsells!
- They do their own “affiliate marketing” very well – with high commisions and a very user-friendly affiliate dashboard
What Do I Wish was Different Inside Wealthy Affiliate?
Boy, this is nitpicky – but I wish they had a tool for me to take notes and save links – directly on their web app. My workaround is to use a Google Doc to keep my thoughts and ideas and reference material. But it would be way cool to keep all of that within the Wealthy Affiliate site itself. Ah well. Not that big of a deal.
One More Thing…
I want you to know that if you do sign up for Wealthy Affiliate through any of my affiliate links in this article, the Wealthy Affiliate robots will link you and me together. I will know that you came in through me…which I think is awesome.
I will personally reach out to you and say hello. I will also offer my mentoring to you – so if you have any questions at all about the Wealthy Affiliate program or starting an Affiliate Marketing based income stream…I'll be right there with you.
To your success,
P.S. Click here to read some more Wealthy Affiliate testimonials and success stories. Hope they inspire and motivate you like they did me!
P.P.S I used my Wealthy Affiliate training and tools to build this website. And they provide tech support too. I thought I'd “test” their support out by sending them a ticket for a little problem I'm having on this page. They responded in 8 MINUTES! Wow. I'm very impressed. Sometimes we run into issues building our websites and we need support. Good to know that Wealthy Affiliate delivers. And yes, I do work early. This is my (on the side) business!