Step 7 – Create a Gorgeous Photography Website with SmugMug in 90 Minutes
So, did you complete Step 6 and create your homepage slideshow?
If you answered “No” – please head back to Step 6 before moving to Step 7.
If you answered “Yes” – Congrats! You're making progress and you're well on your way to a fantastic new website.
If your answer is “What is this crazy guy talking about?” – then you might want to check out this tutorial intro page.
OK. Let's move on.
In Step 7 I'll show you how to create the “Work With Me” page.
- Watch the two Step 7 videos below (length: 17 minutes total)
- Create your “Work With Me” page
- Create a new gallery called “Work With Me”
- Follow the gallery settings instructions to create the general layout for the page (using Traditional Journal Style)
- Upload a photo of yourself as well as several photos from client testimonials (use friends and family if you're just starting out)
- Write an about me and my services section
- Copy / Paste REAL testimonials for each testimonial image
- Add “Work With Me” page to the navigation bar
This step took a little longer than expected. So I split it up into two videos…
Well, Step 8, of course – where we'll finish off our site with some little customization tweaks.
- Step 1: Sign-up with Smugmug and Upload Your First Gallery
- Step 2: Tweak Your Gallery Settings
- Step 3: Upload a Few More Client Galleries
- Step 4: Customize Your Website
- Step 5: Create Your Portfolio Gallery
- Step 6: Create Your Homepage Slideshow
- Step 7: Create Your “Work With Me” Page
- —> Step 8: Final Customization Tweaks <—
- BONUS: Zen of Pricing Your Photos in SmugMug
Why Is This Awesome Tutorial Free?!
Awe shucks. Glad you like it.
This tutorial is free for a few reasons:
- It's what I would have wanted to watch when I first joined SmugMug back in 2005 and struggled for months to customize my site.
- I really enjoy making these kinds of tutorials and helping people out.
- I like promoting companies that I have found improve my life somehow – and SmugMug is one of them. SmugMug has helped my photography business in BIG WAYS that make their small fee seem laughable.
- I have an affiliate relationship with SmugMug where I make a small commission if someone signs up with them through my affiliate link. It's awesome because it allows me to offer this tutorial for free, give people access and exposure to an awesome service (SmugMug) and save them some cash by giving them a 20% discount. Win-Win-Win. The 14-day free trail means that ONLY people that love their new SmugMug site as much as I do will become paying customers. So there's no risk.
Feeling a Little Discouraged? (gasp!)
You shouldn't be. You're almost done!!
Just one more step to go.
Still Not Quite Sure What This Tutorial is All About?
Visit the main tutorial page which explains the what and the why's of this “how to create a gorgeous photography website” tutorial.